Personal Banker (Full Time) - Mont Belvieu
Company: PROSPERITY BANK
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionPOSITION PURPOSEResponsible for performing a
broad variety of financial services such as opening and closing
accounts, renewing time deposit accounts, and assisting clients
with account inquiries, maintenance, and problem resolution. Also
(in collaboration with the Teller Supervisor) responsible for
developing, training, and motivating lobby employees so they can
assist customers and effectively cross sell bank products and
services. Has basic knowledge of simple deposit and loan products
and services. Identifies sales and referral opportunities and
strives to meet related goals. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional
performance of financial service functions.
- Presents and explains Bank products and services to clients and
assists in meeting their financial needs including the following:
opening, closing and maintaining checking, savings, time deposit,
and individual retirement accounts as well as working with safe
deposit boxes, savings bonds, credit cards and basic consumer
- Answers questions and solves problems for clients by listening,
collecting data, and securing answers.
- Profiles clients to identify sales opportunities.
- Uses lead lists and other strategies to develop methods of
generating additional business.Assumes responsibility for
establishing and maintaining effective, professional business
relations with clients.
- Resolves client requests and questions promptly, courteously,
- Receives and processes new client accounts and changes to
existing accounts such as names changes, address changes, product
changes, and other account maintenance as requested.
- Maintains privacy of customer account information.
- Maintains and projects the Bank's professional
reputation.Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective coordination and working relationships with area
personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps Banking Center Manager informed of area activities and
- Completes required reports and records accurately and
- Attends meetings and training classes that may be held on
weekdays, evenings, and/or Saturdays.
- Oversee annual year-end reporting and special projects that
pertain at the banking center level, such as key box audit or safe
deposit box key audit.
- Review new account and data entry, as needed, to ensure
- Supporting Treasury Management with new accounts and services
- Ensuring daily logs are completed correctly as well as
organizing logs at the end of the month for easy review.Assumes
responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Actively and professionally sells Bank products and services.
Responsible for meeting sales production goals.
- Performs related clerical duties as needed.
- Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well
maintained.PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTSFinancial service functions are
efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance
with established policies, standards, and security procedures.Good
business relations exist with clients. Client problems and
questions are courteously and promptly resolved.Good working
relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with
management. Appropriate assistance is provided to area staff as
needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area
activities.Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and
timely.Consistently strives to develop new client relationships as
well as strengthen existing client relationships by identifying
opportunities to sell Bank products and services and meet sales
production goals.The Bank's professional reputation is maintained
and conveyed.QUALIFICATIONSEducation/Certification: High school
graduate or equivalent.Required Knowledge: Good understanding of
financial services and products provided.Experience Required:
General Customer Service experience required.Personal Banker
experience preferred.Previous banking experience
preferredSkills/Abilities: Excellent communication and public
relations skills.Professional appearance and attitude.Ability to
operate related computer applications and business equipment
including10-key and telephone.Solid math and bookkeeping
abilities.Monday - Friday: 7:15AM - 4:15PM
Keywords: PROSPERITY BANK, Baytown , Personal Banker (Full Time) - Mont Belvieu, Accounting, Auditing , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!