Accounting Assistant - Baytown
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Job ID: 419578
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company (formally known as Angel Brothers and
Century Asphalt), is a locally-based construction company and
building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas
Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer
in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing
Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees
This job is a key position in the accounting department helping the
Controller oversee the day to day processes in the department. The
position will handle all aspects of accounting and help with
coaching and leading the accounting team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Work in a high volume accounting department
- Must be a self-starter with attention to detail with the
ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet short
- Demonstrated experience with Accounts Receivable, Payroll,
Contracts and Subcontracts, and General Ledger. Construction
Progress Billing experience a plus.
- Be a role model and demonstrate the company's core values and
respect as well as honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and
safety of others.
- Must possess the ability to work independently but collaborate
as a group to achieve team goals
- Ability to create financial statements as needed
- Ability to analyze account details and make recommendations
- Ability to assist in leading the accounting team toward daily,
monthly, and yearly goals
- This position must have a high level of understanding of the
General Ledger and how to use the information therein
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related degree required.
- Accounting experience 1-3 years is required.
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment physical(s).
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid
driver's license with a good driving record.
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability
to learn new software systems as needed.
- Solid understanding of State and Federal Tax Structure
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this
Date Posted: Sep 11, 2022
Keywords: Oldcastle, Baytown , Accounting Assistant - Baytown, Accounting, Auditing , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!