Operations Admin Assistant
Company: Buckeye Pipe Line Services Co
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track
record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser
focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our
customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering
our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to
environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies.
Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of
responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to
experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our
career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and
be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking an Operations Admin Assistant
with administrative support experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to
join our team!
Role Summary:Provide administrative support to assigned asset
Responsibilities & Essential Functions include:
- Perform financial and budgetary duties by entering purchase
requisitions and receipts, applying correct account codes on
expense reports, invoicing, preparing and analyzing budget
information and variance explanation and tracking, reviewing
expenditure details and resolving discrepancies. Perform
reconciliations for purchasing cards.
- Support multiple Operations Managers, employees, and
responsibilities as assigned.
- Manage anywhere from $1-1.5 million dollars budgets. Track
costs monthly to meet end of year budget spend - working with teams
to ensure budgetary items are purchased and are accounted for prior
to year end or accrued.
- Work with accounting to have new vendors setup - ensuring
insurance requirements are met, and new vendor information is
submitted. Follow up on existing Outside Service providers to
confirm they have acceptable vendor grade in ISNetwork and if
necessary provide contractor reports of OQ qualifications, as
requested by field personnel or project managers.
- Maintain State Environmental Permits - NPDES, Air, Water,
Aboveground Storage Tanks, Local Business Licenses, etc. and file
- Prepare and process AFE's for local asset team members
- Assist project managers with financial management of local
projects - Maintain Project Files; Remove Fix Asset (RITA),
Reclassify Cost from Local Budgets to Project Funds as requested.
Ensure quality control of weekly time sheet information by
reviewing and approving data entered by field employees. Make
corrections to timesheets before & after the rules engine
- Organize asset team meetings by reserving conference rooms,
assisting in the preparation of presentations, agendas, meeting
requests, etc. Assist field employees in preparing memos, reports,
presentations and other information needed for meetings or special
projects. Manage the operation of the warehouse, which includes
receiving materials from common carriers, entering inventory issues
from stock, complete warehouse cycle counts, investigating and
resolving any discrepancies between physical and book inventory
records and ordering and replacing items used (for locations with
- Facilitate compliance with Preventive Maintenance schedules by
utilizing the Work Order system to report information on critical
due dates. Work with teams to report discrepancies to the
Compliance Department to ensure PM and equipment lists are
- Schedule and coordinate annual/semiannual equipment
calibrations and call out services for equipment such as RVP,
Sindie, Generators, etc.
- Provide training for new employees on multiple software
- Provide accurate reporting for waste disposal and maintain
local files on all hazardous/non-hazardous waste manifests.
- Perform packaging and shipping for locations. This may include
shipping hazardous material samples (for testing, etc).
- Perform duties as administrator for Field Responsibility
Intranet web site.
- Order office supplies and troubleshoot issues with printers,
fax machines, computers, cell phones, vehicle information, etc.
Maintain and secure new lease agreements for local equipment.
- Perform administrative duties for Training and Operator
Qualification tracking and reporting. Enter new qualifications in
tracking system and ensure monthly reports are posted.
- Schedule HAZWOPER, Smith Driving, CPR and other required
trainings. Enter training activity reports for required team
training in the learning management system.
- Screen incoming calls and greet visitors. Provide requested
information to callers on subjects about which the incumbent is
- Support District Work Team objectives and immediate needs.
- Provide assistance as requested from any other member of the
District Work Team.
- Follow procedures for 3rd Party Damages - Collects all billing
for the damages and assisting Right Away Specialist involving
- And other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline would be
- Significant, relevant administrative support experience
- Experience in field operations is a huge plus.
- Experience with budgeting or accounting is a plus.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office.
- Up to 20% travel required.
Certificates & Licenses:
- None required.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- In order to be successful in this position, the individual must
be articulate and capable of effectively communicating (both verbal
and written) with both peers and superiors. Also, must possess good
- Incumbents must exercise tact, discretion and professionalism
when dealing with callers and visitors.Essential Functions:
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully
perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other
federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative
and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual
attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside
the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office
productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate
- This position is subject to DOT drug and alcohol
About You:To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees
must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and
verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be
able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing
with internal clients and external counterparties (customers,
vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus
that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our
employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs,
generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving
About Us:Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner
of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation's
largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and
terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of
expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment
Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Buckeye Pipe Line Services Co, Baytown , Operations Admin Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!