Part-Time Healthcare - Workforce Development Instructor
Company: Lee College
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Posting Number: 0000436Job Title: Part-Time Healthcare -
Workforce Development InstructorPS Position#: 00001124Position
Status: Part-TimeSalary: Varies by positionClassification:
AdjunctDepartment: Workforce Development, Healthcare ProgramsJob
Summary/Basic Function:Position is responsible for teaching
healthcare courses (CMA, CNA, Dental Assistant, EKG Technology,
Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, Technician, Medical Billing &
Coding) designed to enhance employment opportunities, provide
individuals with the job skills necessary to enter the workforce,
advance in a current career, or begin a new career.Instructors are
hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These
positions are filled prior to and/or during the start of each
semester, and are contingent upon the needs of the
college.Essential job functions include, but are not limited
- Develop and utilize a course syllabus and lesson plans for each
course by following established institutional guidelines.
- Maintain a safe classroom, positive learning environment, and
diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Develop and maintain instructional supplies.
- Supervise all students.
- Provide copies of all lesson plans, supply lists, and syllabi
to the Continuing Education department in case of instructor
- Demonstrate commitment to student learning by utilizing a
variety of instructional methods geared to the different learning
styles, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with
Lee College Continuing Education requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Continuing Education
office according to schedule.
- Communicate effectively with program managers, registration
staff, and payroll representatives.
- Maintain standards of excellence within the course, and provide
feedback regularly to the Program Manager regarding learning
outcomes and course management.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students as needed.College benefits
do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not
to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security sensitive
position.Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
status.Minimum Qualifications:Qualified candidates must have at
least 3 (three) years of related work experience in subject matter,
as well as at least one of the following:
- Associate degree in the area of study,
- Certification(s) in the area of study, or
- Documented related work experience in area of study.
- For CNA instructors, you must have at least one year experience
in a long-term care facility.
- Verification of training or instruction delivery
abilityPreferred Qualifications:Teaching experience
preferred.Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TXIf other,
provide location. Mc Nair Campus - BaytownPosting Date:
06/19/2018Close Date:Open Until Filled YesSpecial Instructions to
Applicants:This position requires applicants to attach the
following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of
transcripts for all completed college work related to teaching
field. If college work is not related to teaching field, applicants
can attach two (2) Letters of Recommendation in lieu of college
transcripts. Official transcripts required upon employment.In
addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references of the online application.Please do not
mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the
electronic application process.
Keywords: Lee College, Baytown , Part-Time Healthcare - Workforce Development Instructor, Education / Teaching , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!