Posted on: September 24, 2022
An ADP Client is currently seeking an experienced Operations
Manager to join our team in Baytown, Texas (77523).
This position is responsible for supporting the company's goals by
providing leadership and oversight of the Houston operations,
including personnel, inbound/outbound traffic, equipment, safety,
and budgeting/financial planning related to these operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned by management.
- Accountable for the safety of all employees to ensure
compliance with the company's Safety Program and all regulatory
- Achieves warehouse operations objectives by contributing
warehouse information and recommendations to strategic plans and
reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing
production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting
requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures;
analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product
handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing,
enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing and
executing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization,
inventory management, and shipping.
- Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and
product handling systems; evaluating existing equipment and plan
future equipment needs
- Prepares CAPEX motivation for operational investments
- Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing
process workflow, manning and space requirements, and equipment
layout, implementing changes.
- Accomplishes warehouse operations human resource objectives by
recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling,
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job
contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions;
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing,
following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with
- Secures property by developing protection and access policies
and procedures, coordinating patrols with security department.
- Produces daily/weekly/monthly operational reports and uses data
to improve operational efficiency; KPI/monthly financial report
analysis in order to optimize cost structure of the
- Confers with department managers to coordinate warehouse
activities, such as space allocation, rental, storage, etc.
- Reviews invoices, work orders, consumption reports, and
forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work
- Frequently inspects physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle
fleets and equipment, and order testing, maintenance, repair, or
replacement as appropriate.
- Schedules and monitors delivery, or distribution of products or
- Investigates customer complaints involving such matters as
damaged goods, overcharges, and delay in shipment, make necessary
adjustments and implement strategies to avoid future
errors.Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years' experience in warehousing
- Experience in a transloading warehouse environment is
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of training and professional work experience that
provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with
all levels of the organization.
- Must be proficient with computer and appropriate software
(i.e., Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involving
strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques,
production methods, and coordination of people and resources in
relation to warehouse operations. Basic understanding of
accounting/income statement analysis is a plus.
- Proficient with goods moving by air, rail, sea, or road
including the relative costs and benefits.
- Experience in handling metals, coils, forest products, bag and
palletized general cargo is preferredSkills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical mind set, using operational and financial
data (KPI) to make sound business decisions.
- Strong comprehension of raw materials, regulations, production
processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for
maximizing the effective storage, handling, and distribution of
- Must be able to handle tight scheduling, fast-paced,
high-volume levels of activity.
- Must be able to shift priorities and multi-task as needed.
- Must also be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level
and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to use proper lifting technique to lift 50
- Ability to travel as needed.Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Health Insurance (Dental, Vision and Medical)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid VacationPlease submit your resume via the 'Apply now'
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Keywords: Confidential, Baytown , Operations Manager, Executive , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!