Nurse Manager RN - Baytown, TX - Manager
Company: 10130 ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Baytown,
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Nurse Manager RN - Baytown, TXNew hospital opening in Fall of
2023! Our hospital provides high-quality care that transforms the
lives of those living with disabling injuries and illnesses. We
distinguish ourselves through our commitment to excellence, to our
patients, to our employees, and to the communities we serve.The
Charge Nurse is a Registered Nurse who provides professional
nursing care to patients within assigned unit and acts as unit
supervisor as assigned. This position must integrate company values
into daily practice.New hospital opening in Fall of 2023! We will
begin interviewing for this position in the Summer of 2023. Get
your application in now!Essential Functions:
- Utilizes the nursing process to provide quality and efficient
patient care according to established standards. Ensures that
professional and skilled nursing care has been provided to all
- Supervises nursing staff for assigned shift, including
mentoring and training new staff, and providing guidance to all
shift staff. Responsible for safe staffing levels.
- Contributes to the appropriate development, maintenance, and
update of individualized patient plan of care.
- Implements identified plan of care in accordance with current
professional standards and practices and in accordance with patient
- Monitors, records, and reports symptoms or changes in patients'
- Identifies patient and family learning needs. Teaches patient
and families using effective teaching methods and documents
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner. Maintains
patient clinical records and reports in accordance with Hospital
policy and established standards.
- Based on needs assessment, coordinates and delegates care and
treatments with the interdisciplinary team. Provides timely and
adequate supervision to LPNs/LVNs and Nursing Aides/Techs.
- Provides timely assistance with urgent and emergency
situations, i.e., Code Blue and Rapid Response.
- Helps identify problems and potential risks and contributes to
corrective action plans. Notifies proper personnel of real or
potential problems with patient issues and quality and/or
appropriateness of care.
- May be required to work during inclement weather and other
- Performs surveillance and auditing activities relating to
patient safety, including infection control standards.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements
appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved
safety and Infection Prevention standards.Minimum Job
Requirements--Minimum Education & Experience--:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred.
- Two years' direct patient care RN experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.Required Licenses,
Certifications, and/or Documentation:
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- CRRN certification preferred.
- ACLS certification as required by state.Required Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and adherence to current nursing theory and
practice, infection prevention, and wound care standards of
- Knowledge of accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all
standards set forth by state and accrediting agencies of TJC and
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures, and utilizes
proper policies, procedures, and guidelines in caring for
- Demonstrates general computer skills including data entry, word
processing, email, and records management.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete complex
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others at all
levels of the organization.Physical Requirements Over the Course of
- A significant amount of standing, walking, bending, reaching,
lifting, pushing, and pulling, often for prolonged periods of
- Both gross and precise motor functions.
- Lifting/exerting of up to 50 lbs.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids.
- Visual acuity required for patient assessment and documentation
- Acute hearing required for accurate patient assessment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment and computer
Keywords: 10130 ClearSky Rehabilitation Hospital of Baytown,, Baytown , Nurse Manager RN - Baytown, TX - Manager, Executive , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!