Director of Therapy Operations
Company: ClearSky Health
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Director of Therapy Operations page is loaded Director of
Therapy Operations Apply locations Flower Mound, TX time type Full
time posted on Posted 3 Days Ago job requisition id R2270 Our
hospital provides high-quality care that transforms the lives of
those living with disabling injuries and illnesses. We distinguish
ourselves through our commitment to excellence, to our patients, to
our employees, and to the communities we serve.The Director of
Therapy Operations provides overall operations of the therapy
department, including high quality, cost effective delivery of
patient care, managing therapy personnel, and developing and
implementing approved department projects and goals. The position
also ensures the therapy department follows regulatory compliance
requirements and standard procedures. The position must integrate
company values into daily practice.Essential Functions:
- Develops, maintains, and implements therapy policies and
procedures that conform to current standards of therapy practice
and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state
and federal laws and regulations.
- Directs the functions of the therapy department in accordance
with departmental policies, procedures and standards. -
- Oversees therapy department staffing, retention, and
development and participates in coaching, discipline, and
performance evaluations. Provides education, direction and
mentorship of the therapy team's function, purpose, and goals.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing
staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Prepares annual capital and operating budget for therapy
department. Monitors department expenses on designated schedule.
Works with management staff of all third party payers on problems,
solutions and new programs.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and is actively involved in
performance improvement process, including data collection and
analysis, and process improvement activities.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies,
and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve
- Collaborates with interdepartmental team to integrate therapy
services with the total patient's health care plan. Participates in
all admission decisions, and monitors patient outcomes.
- Assists with direct patient care therapy responsibilities
during high flow work times.
- May be required to work during inclement weather and other
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients,
visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements
appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved
safety and Infection Prevention standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support overall
effectiveness of the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements -Minimum Education & Experience:
- Three years' experience in a hospital therapy management
- Masters' degree or working towards completion preferred.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and/or Documentation:
- Current license as Physical Therapist, Speech Language
Pathologist, or Occupational Therapist required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must maintain acceptable driving record, current driver's
license, and insurability.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and adherence to current therapy theory and
practice and infection prevention standards.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards to ensure adherence to all
standards set forth by state and accrediting agencies of TJC and
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of treatment costs and financial
support as they relate to quality and efficiency.
- Demonstrates general computer skills including data entry, word
processing, email, and records management.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete complex
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain proper levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to work closely and professionally with others at all
levels of the organization.Physical Requirements Over the Course of
- A significant amount of standing, walking, bending, reaching,
lifting, pushing, and pulling, often for prolonged periods of
- Both gross and precise motor functions.
- Lifting/exerting of up to 25 lbs.
- Possible exposure to bodily fluids.
- Visual acuity required for patient assessment and documentation
- Acute hearing required for accurate patient assessment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate equipment and computer
- Close vision and the ability to adjust focus. About Us
Authentic. Inspiring. Transformative.
ClearSky Health and our affiliated Hospitals provide high-quality
care that transforms the lives of those living with disabling
injuries and illnesses. We distinguish ourselves through our
commitment to excellence, to our patients, to our employees, and to
the communities we serve.
We value our employees' skills, talents, and input. We believe in
maintaining hospital environments where employees are:
- Treated with dignity
- Provided educational and training opportunities
- Rewarded New Locations Opening Soon! ClearSky Health has plans
to open medical rehabilitation hospitals at the following locations
listed below.If you are interested in learning more, please email
us and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .Baytown, TX
clearskyhealth.com/baytown Kenosha, WI
clearskyhealth.com/kenosha Lancaster, OH
clearskyhealth.com/lancaster Lecanto, FL
Keywords: ClearSky Health, Baytown , Director of Therapy Operations, Executive , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!