Senior Medical Assistant- Gastroentology Baytown
Posted on: September 8, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides care to patients visiting the clinic under the direct
supervision of a physician or nurse/clinic manager.
2. Triages patient concerns on-site or via telephone/email
3. Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e., pulse rate,
temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height), and records
information on patients` charts.
4. Reports observations, conditions and problems of patients to the
physician or nurse.
5. Records care administered according to established
6. Obtains and consults results of diagnostic testing with
physician. Relays physician instructions regarding care to
7. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients
and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis (if so, phlebotomy
certification is required).
8. Assists physician with technical/surgical procedures in the room
9. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Assists
with maintaining equipment and supplies.
10. Follows channels of communication with co-workers for effective
11. Serves as the lead Medical Assistant and troubleshoots the
concerns of other MAs with direction from Administrator or
Physician or Clinic Manager.
12. Maintain relationships within the department and multiple
departments, including but not limited to cross-training with
scheduling and pre-op.
13. Demonstrates the componets of the ICARE values statement and
14. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents
promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
15. Completes all hospital required and job-related in-services and
applies the information as needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS High School Diploma or GED equivalent is
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 5-8 years of experience with highly
complex, chronic disease management or 5 years of highly complex
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED Current American
Heart Association CPR certification is required Certified from an
accredited program and/or Registered Medical Assistant
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, Patient Triaging Cognitive application of sub
specialty expertise. Complex disease management
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED N/A
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which
Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not
engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person
employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or
other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans
Houston Methodist Specialty Physician Group - As one of the nation
s leading hospitals and academic medical centers Houston Methodist
has brought together some of the nation s leading experts in
multiple specialties to serve our patients. As part of Houston
Methodist Specialty Physician Group (HMSPG), these specialists not
only provide excellent clinical care, but are on the forefront of
research, developing leading-edge technologies and treatments, and
teaching the medical pioneers of tomorrow. This combination of
clinical service, research and academics ensures patients have
access to the latest in treatments and technologies while providing
the best in comprehensive patient care. Established as a non-profit
corporation and certified by the Texas State Board of Medical
Examiners, HMSPG enables physicians to maintain autonomy with
respect to their clinical practice while growing their practice
within an academic environment. APPLY.
Keywords: Methodist, Baytown , Senior Medical Assistant- Gastroentology Baytown, Healthcare , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!