Infection Preventionist -TMC
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: May 18, 2020
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
patient care.Every employee, at every level, begins their journey
at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization
and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our
employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Infection Preventionist I role executes the
implementation of the infection prevention program in a hospital,
central and ambulatory care setting. This individual will be
involved in the education of patients, health care providers,
consultation to leadership and ambulatory/hospital staff. This
individual will be involved in monitoring of healthcare practices
that will place patients and healthcare providers at risk,
surveillance of healthcare associated infections through chart
abstraction, application of standardized criteria and data
submission, and will communicate findings to healthcare providers
and hospital leadership. The Infection Preventionist I is a active
participant in accreditation and licensing activities. This
position reports to the Regional Manager of Infection
Prevention.The Infection Preventionist I supports Infection
Prevention improvement projects across thecontinuum of care by
recognizing trends and opportunities for improvement based upon
surveillance findings. The Infection Preventionist I collects and
reports healthcare associated infections as required by the State
ofTexas, CMS and monthly operating reports. Job Description Minimum
Qualifications Education: Bachelors degree in nursing, public
health or related field, Masters preferred Licenses/Certifications:
CIC certification preferred Experience/Knowledge/Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical/healthcare experience preferred
- Working knowledge of statistics, microbiology, patient care
practices, epidemiology, and occupational health preferred
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and
- Team facilitation skills preferable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Coordinates infection prevention activities with physicians,
department directors, and clinical and non-clinical staff as well
as service line assigned.
- Performs surveillance activities and reliably applies
- Peforms surveillance activities and applies an epidemiologic
approach to problem solving.
- Submits data in a timely manner as required by the State of
Texas and CMS via NHSN and monthly operating reports.
- Provides formal and informal education on disease transmission,
prevention and interventions to reduce infection risk to health
care providers and patients.
- Recommends changes in systems, practices and reports.
- Communicates findings and recommendations to key
- Coordinates exposure follow up for patients and healthcare
- Participates in robust process improvement infection prevention
- Participates in readiness activities and surveys for
accreditation and licensure.
- Promotes a culture of patient safety and implementation of high
reliability practices related to infection prevention.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Baytown , Infection Preventionist -TMC, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!