Therapist - San Jacinto Clinic
Company: Legacy Community Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
English Job Description
Legacy Community Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health
Center (FQHC) that provides comprehensive care to community members
regardless of their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire
patient while improving their overall wellness and quality of life,
in addition to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening.
At Legacy, we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting
healthy behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes,
family planning services, and nutrition and weight management
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with
specialization in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since
then, the agency has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in
Baytown, two in Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive
services that include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care,
pediatrics, OB/GYN and maternity, dental, vision and behavioral
health. We also service students within KIPP and YES Prep schools.
Legacy is committed to driving healthy change in our
To provide high quality psychotherapy to clients with identified
behavioral health needs
- Screen new clients to identify presenting problems, address
urgent issues and/or provide immediate referral as indicated.
- Administer psychosocial assessments.
- Provide individual, couples and family therapy to adults,
adolescents, and children experiencing biopsychosocial
- Well-practiced in all psychotherapeutic modalities with a
strong emphasis on effective treatment for childhood
- Collaborate with clients, physicians, and other providers to
develop and implement client-centered interventions and treatment
- Re-assess clients and complete new treatment plans as
- Able to work a full-time flexible schedule that will include
evenings and some weekends.
- Meet with clinical supervisor at least monthly to review client
- Document all encounters with clients, including but not limited
to all contacts and attempted contacts with or on behalf of clients
in the clients medical record within 3 working days of their
- Perform billing activities according to agency procedures.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Keep abreast of developments in therapeutic techniques,
theories and research.
- Employee does not direct the activities of other staff or
Education & Training Requirements:
- Must have a masters degree from an accredited college or
university in the social or behavioral sciences.
- Must have a current Texas license (LCSW, LPC and/or LMFT) and
be in good standing with their credentialing board.
- Must maintain first aid /CPR certifications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- A therapist who has a Ph.D. in his/her specialty will be
honored the CME/CEU stipend amount equivalent to the doctorate
level, per policy.
Work Experience Requirements
- Must have a minimum of 2 years paid work experience providing
- 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
Keywords: Legacy Community Health, Baytown , Therapist - San Jacinto Clinic, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!