MRI Technologist I (Days) - PRN - Baytown - Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital
Company: Houston Methodist
Posted on: October 2, 2021
At Houston Methodist, the MRI Technologist I position is
responsible for completing a variety of routine diagnostic MRI
procedures to include exams of moderate complexity with progression
towards exams of higher complexity. This position provides direct
assistance to physicians with all diagnostic and special MRI
procedures. The MRI Technologist I position delivers exceptional
patient care and adheres to MRI exam standards and guidelines
established by governing agencies to ensure optimal patient safety
and customer service. This position is a member of the direct
patient care team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are
essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 20%
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a
dynamic, team focused work unit that actively helps one another to
achieve optimal department results. Collaborates with all members
of the patient care team by actively communicating and reporting
pertinent patient care information and data in a comprehensive
- Uses peer-to-peer accountability towards department goals for
retention and employee engagement. (EF)
- Communicates effectively with others to facilitate providing
the highest quality service during every customer and patient
SERVICE - 30%
- Performs diagnostic MRI procedures to include common and
special MRI exams. MRI exams use magnetism, radio waves, and a
computer to produce images of body structures and gives insight on
the chemical makeup of tissues. (EF)
- Proactively assesses, identifies and responds to the needs of
the patient for adjustment or intervention to optimize patient
care, image quality and patient experience. This includes:
positioning, physiology, procedure preparation, and technical
factors. Modifies technical factors to achieve desired imaging
results and recognizes complications and limitations associated
with certain procedures. (EF)
- Provides direct assistance to physicians during diagnostic or
special MRI procedures, including assisting with sterile technique.
- Provides accurate explanations and instructions to patients and
family members at an appropriate level utilizing verbal and
non-verbal skills, terminology and language. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 30%
- Follows safety standards and conducts all imaging procedures
accordingly. Maintains proper sterile techniques for procedures,
regularly practices aseptic techniques, and ensures compliance with
radiation safety and infection control procedures. Complies with
job role, department and hospital safety standards, practices and
- Reports "near misses" and inputs errors promptly into
appropriate hospital patient safety reporting system to improve
processes and identify trends. Contributes to identification of
corrective actions and improvement activities, and contributes to
meeting department and hospital targets for quality and safety.
- Performs daily imaging equipment quality control (QC) ensuring
all imaging equipment is in safe working order prior to use.
Reports any malfunctions to management and regularly practices
preventive maintenance procedures; calls for service if needed.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to observe and proactively
address patient reactions (i.e. contrast media and medications) or
potential outcomes and obtains assistance, as appropriate.
FINANCE - 10%
- Provides accurate and complete documentation of patient
procedures. Enters charges at the time service is delivered.
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies.
Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and
prioritize daily tasks. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Participates in department projects or shared governance
activities. Assumes responsibility for growth and development by
participating in in-services programs and continuing education.
- Seeks opportunities to expand learning beyond baseline
competencies with a focus on continual development as a
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the
employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job
duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing
body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND
- For no experience:
- ARRT (MR) or ARMRIT or CAMRT registered as an MRI
- For six months of supervised MRI clinical scanning experience,
must have one of the following:
- ARRT-R or ARRT-N or ARRT-S
- RDMS certified as an Ultrasound Technologist
- NMTCB certified as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- American Heart Association BLS certification
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Baytown , MRI Technologist I (Days) - PRN - Baytown - Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!