Flagger - Baytown, TX
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job ID: - 458019Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, - -is a locally-based
construction company and building materials supplier owned and
operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix
and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH
America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over
1,200 employees statewide.Position OverviewThe employee will be
responsible for various flagging duties on construction and/or
paving projects properly directing traffic in construction work
zones in order to protect employees as well as property.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain traffic controls in all assigned work zones. - Report
any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager or
Human Resources Manager.
- Responsible for understanding general work flow patterns in
work zones and ensuring proper protocol and traffic requirements
are followed and discussed with foreman/supervisor.
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs,
barricades, cones and other traffic control devices.
- Direct movement of traffic through site, using sign, hand and
- Inform construction workers when approaching vehicle fails to
heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Inform drivers of detour routes through construction
- Record license number of traffic control violators for
- Follow direction of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or jobsite.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate equipment and PPE for
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environment.
- Be kind and courteous to the traveling public, pedestrians, and
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is
- Previous related experience in the construction field is
- MUST BE FLAGGER CERTIFIEDWork Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age due to the nature of working
- Must pass a drug screen, physical and criminal background
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to
co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin
work at the designated start time.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and /or MSHA. PPE that may be required, but not limited to,
for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers
and/or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have the ability to work without close
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities
according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in
work/construction zones.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- Required to stand for long periods of time, repetitively hold
signs and/or flags, repeated use and raise arms to chest height to
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to
50 lbs. -Work Environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts; high precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk
of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be
loud, but is typically moderate.The statements included in this job
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the
job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. - Requirements for
this job are subject to modification by the Company and its
designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas -has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!Gulf Coast -is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. -EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know
more, please click on this -. -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Baytown , Flagger - Baytown, TX, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!