Territory Sales Leader # 276
Company: Yumi Ice Cream
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Candidate must live near their customer service area of Baytown,
Beaumont, Channelview or Pasadena
Position Title: Territory Sales Leader (TSL) Route 276
Reports To: District Sales Manager
The Territory Sales Leader (TSL) provides world class Direct Store
Delivery (DSD) service to all channels of customers. The TSL
identifies and acts on selling opportunities, makes secondary
placements, gains extra displays, uses Point of Sale (POS), and
makes effective sales presentations through use of sales data. The
TSL build the customer relationship, leverages standardized work
practices, achieves operational standards, follows safety
requirements and contributes to a positive team atmosphere.
- Drive revenue growth within assigned sales territory by
maximizing Direct Store Delivery sales strategy to grow
brand/product revenue, market share, and profit.
- Follow the procedures outlined in the Yumi best practices that
apply to the position.
- Train and develop TSM's assigned to territory utilizing company
standardized training guide to support District Sales Manager
- Cover open Territory Sales Manager (TSM) routes for vacation,
sick, personal time off.
- Support resets with all customers to ensure all stores are
covered and completed in assigned territory.
- Utilize all KPI reports for the territory to help achieve
specific goals for each area of measurement.
- Communicate directly with team members on issues, openly shares
ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback
when needed, trains new employees when applicable.
- Identify and act on selling opportunities, respond to
competitor activities, maintain/increase space, make secondary
placements, gain extra displays, use POS, make effective sales
presentations, make effective use of sales data.
- Create rapport with appropriate staff members in all accounts,
communicate with staff during service calls, respond to customer
requests, maintain relationships with customers to support selling
activities, key store managers know your name.
- Adhere to route schedules, properly orders authorized product,
maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic, manage out of
stocks, communicate to customers or manager about service matters,
execute promotional displays, use appropriate labor, maintain
company-owned equipment, properly handles paperwork.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety
guidelines and requirements and proactively addresses any unsafe
- Prepare paperwork and actively participates in 1:1 meeting,
taking ownership for the meeting; incorporates opportunities
identified, responds to work-with coaching, contributes to team
- Respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for
improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new
initiatives, maintains an open mind.
- Paid Vacation - Eligible for 1 week after 6 months of
- Paid Holidays, Sick Days and Personal Days
- $100,000 Company Paid Employee Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Optional
Life and AD & D Insurance
- 401k Program
- Referral Program
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on
difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals
beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity / productivity level. Operates
with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended period of
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable performance under pressure
or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity).
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes
and takes appropriate action.
- Communication - presents ideas effectively, actively listens,
and works across functional boundaries with the ability to
effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and store
- Team Work: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the
good of the whole.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver consistent results while
building organization capabilities.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of
- Location: Work is performed 90% indoors and 10% outdoors while
operating personal vehicle between customer locations.
- Hazards: Slippery surfaces; wet & icy, exposure to cold, and
overhead obstacles in freezers, moving equipment and normal traffic
hazards while operating personal vehicle.
- Equipment Used: iPhone, iPad, Lap Top Computer, Service/Tool
Bag and personal vehicle.
- Safety Equipment: Gloves.
- Standing/Walking: Constantly, while performing duties in retail
customer locations; walking, up to 1-2 miles per shift on concrete
or tiled surfaces.
- Sitting: Occasionally (20%), while operating personal vehicle
between customer locations, can be subject to heavy
- Push/Pull, Bending/Twisting, Kneeling/Crouching,
Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly while performing duties in the
retail customer locations while cleaning freezers, and bunkers,
rotating product, pulling back stock in the customer's freezer,
safe operation of vehicle. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
(lifting baskets out of bunker when cleaning).
- Other Demands: Subject to cold temperatures -20 degrees F,
while working in store freezer units up to 20 minutes, 3-4 times
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent / a four-year degree from
an accredited college, preferred or - 2 or more years of experience
in a business environment.
- Must have a valid Class C driver's license with a minimum of 5
years driving experience. Must have a clean driving
- Successful completion of post offer background check, drug
screen, physical, physical abilities test and motor vehicle
- Must have a dependable vehicle with valid vehicle
- Experience in the DSD/Consumer Package Goods industry, strongly
- Outside sales experience.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with territory, markets, and customers.
- Time and territory management abilities.
- Ability to work early morning/late night hours.
- Willing to work over 40 hours when required.
- Willing to work any day of the week, weekends and
- Must have basic computer skills including ability to use
computer ordering equipment.
- Must have basic math skills.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English as it relates
to the job and to safety regulations.
- Adhere to Company Dress Code (No visible tattoos or body
- Smoke Free Environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Yumi Ice Cream, Baytown , Territory Sales Leader # 276, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!