Pipefitter Helper - Onshore - US
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Pipefitter Helper to join our team
in Baytown, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without
sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and
equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders,
according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and
activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel,
cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and
pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or
cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers,
using hand and power tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes
and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and
work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and
project rules. Perform other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other
supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts,
warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen
craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret
instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job
responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to
unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials
markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions
in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Baytown , Pipefitter Helper - Onshore - US, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!