Peace Officer Facilities-Security Services Days
Company: Houston Methodist
Posted on: January 23, 2023
At Houston Methodist, the Peace Officer position is responsible for
providing police authority by enforcing federal and state laws and
city ordinances, as appropriate. This position provides law
enforcement services and assists in protecting the rights and
property of individuals throughout Houston Methodist. The position
must take and maintain control of disruptive individuals for arrest
by local law enforcement. The Peace Officer position must be
employed by a licensed police agency and possess a Texas Commission
on Law Enforcement (T.C.O.L.E.) license, that will also serve as
evidence of use of force training.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are
essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 35 %
- Protects the rights and property of individuals and provides
law enforcement services throughout Houston Methodist. (EF)
- Actively responds to requests for personal security coverage,
assistance with directions, information and guidance. (EF)
- Interacts with individuals in a supportive and respectful
manner creating a positive work environment and contributing to a
dynamic, team-focused work unit. (EF)
- Uses excellent, clear and professional communication skills to
achieve mutual understanding and problem resolution, while
providing the highest quality service during every patient, visitor
and staff encounter. (EF)
SERVICE - 20 %
- Responds to all radio dispatches, answers calls and complaints
and assesses and makes recommendations as needed for all emergent
- Performs duties in a designated fixed-post assignment.
- Secures premises and individuals by patrolling facilities,
monitoring surveillance cameras, monitoring access points and
permitting entry as needed. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25 %
- Accurately communicates and/or generates and completes reports
by recording occurences, information, observations, surveillance
activities and conducting witness interviews. (EF)
- Maintains a safe environment, following all policies and
procedures for safety, hazardous material, emergency preparedness
and HIPAA. (EF)
- Participates in training, drills and actual events according to
policies and procedures. (EF)
FINANCE - 10 %
- Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities.
Facilitates policies regarding restitution, as appropriate.
- Utilizes and maintains HM and department equipment according to
manufacturer specifications. (EF)
- Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and
prioritize daily tasks. Uses resources effectively and efficiently;
does not waste supplies, minimizing incidental overtime, optimizing
efficiency in all areas according to department specifications.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
- Assists and promotes a culture of workplace safety and
proactively prevents workplace violence. (EF)
- Supports Houston Methodist and department goals and offers
innovative solutions through participation in department projects.
Assumes responsibility for self-growth and development by
participating in in-services programs and continuing education.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the
employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job
duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing
body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section.
- Employed by a licensed law enforcement agency
- One (1) year law enforcement experience
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Baytown , Peace Officer Facilities-Security Services Days, Other , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!