Estimator - Industrial Construction
Company: Bartlett Cocke
Posted on: May 8, 2020
The Estimator will provide and coordinate complete and accurate
estimates on various size projects and all types of delivery
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Act as an Estimate Team Leader on various projects, thus
coordinating the total estimating effort relevant to particular
project proposals as assigned.
- Review proposal contract, specifications, drawings, attend
pre-proposal meetings, etc., to determine scope of work and
required contents of estimate.
- Prepare estimate by calculating complete takeoff of scope of
- Provide technical support to personnel preparing quantity
takeoffs for assigned proposals.
- Lead and coordinate subcontractor and supplier outreach
- Coordinate with Marketing personnel regarding technical
aspects/requirements of assigned estimates.
- Schedule, lead, and actively participate in pre-proposal
meetings, bid strategy, and presentation meetings as
- Coordinate with the Regional Scheduling Manager or his assigned
representative to ensure that General Conditions and proposed
project timeline meet the schedule requirements.
- Assist Project Team in evaluating submitted proposals during
project buyout and contracting phase.
- Prepare for, and participate in, project "Handoff" meetings
from Estimating to Operations.
- Perform additional duties per supervisor's direction.
- College degree preferred in
architecture/engineering/construction or related industry.
- Experience producing effective cost estimates and budgets for
commercial buildings in an operational industrial
- Blast resistant, hardening, or structural experience a
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Capable of completing on screen take-offs using On-Center or
- Familiar with Timberline
Reports to the Industrial Division Manager
Bartlett Cocke General Contractors provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Bartlett Cocke, Baytown , Estimator - Industrial Construction, Professions , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!