Mobile Equipment Maintenance Technician
Company: TALKE USA Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
This position is responsible for monitoring, and replacing of parts
for our moving equipment, which include, trailer chassis, forklift
trucks, and truck heads. Mobile Equipment Maintenance Technician
must be able to follow instructions given by Supervisor, must be
able to follow directions, and work with minimal supervision,
conform to company standards of assembly methodology, and balance
their workload with multiple priorities.
Qualification And Experience
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical
environment or energy related field is preferred. Basic automotive
background is required.
- A minimum of 5+ years mechanical maintenance experience is
- Strong mechanical aptitude with advanced troubleshooting and
maintenance skills is required.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of moving equipment.
- Ability to read and understand equipment repair manuals.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating, and updating
content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally
and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and
stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the
organization, in a business-like and professional manner is
- Must have the ability to demonstrate conscientiousness,
dependability, and commitment to the role, team, and company.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with
- Works mainly outdoors in an active lorry park and maintenance
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and
- Must climb and work at various heights and may work in a
standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural, and other signals, including
alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect
- Must wear special safety equipment while working. The ability
to take callouts and work overtime is required.
Important Personal Skills
- Be able to distinguish between various wiring colors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as
part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and respond to callouts on
a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 55 Lbs., climb
ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, lying down, crouching, or
kneeling is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Must take initiative and is proactive in addressing
- Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- Safety in the forefront of every task performed. Routinely
performs remedial and preventative maintenance and maintains work
area and safety through good housekeeping practices inside and
outside of the facilities.
- Must participate and successfully complete training programs,
process safety management reviews, and safety meetings required to
comply with state and federal regulations.
- Must review procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all
company and industry standards to meet all regulatory agency
- Must properly complete records of time and required regulatory
- Must maintain close contact with the Planner/Supervisor
regarding maintenance trouble reports and scheduled equipment
maintenance to affect a minimum interruption of product
- Ability to optimize work to affect a minimal amount of
- Must participate in available cross training to effectively
develop skills in areas specific to other technicians.
- Must utilize precision tools and test equipment as needed.
- Must perform regulatory required inspections.
- Trains and guides others to learn duties of Mechanical
- Must perform any other job duties as directed by the
TALKE USA, INC. provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: TALKE USA Inc., Baytown , Mobile Equipment Maintenance Technician, Professions , Baytown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!