Supply Chain Technician - (Part-Time)
Company: Houston Methodist
Posted on: October 17, 2019
Houston Methodist West Hospital
18500 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77094
Category: Supply Chain Management
Job Type: Part-Time
Posted Date: Sept. 23, 2019
Work Shift: DAYS (Part-Time)
Work Week: Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
At Houston Methodist, the Supply Chain Technician position is
responsible for performing the physical, inventory-related tasks in
Supply Chain Management, including but not limited to storage,
distribution, and replenishment of supplies and equipment used
throughout the hospital campus or central distribution center to
promote a clinically-integrated Supply Chain. This position will
perform tasks such as the delivery of supply and equipment orders,
stocking of supplies, rotation of supplies, checking of expiration
dates, removal of excess inventory and cleaning of clinical
equipment. The Supply Chain Technician I position performs basic
storage, replenishing and dispensing of supplies in accordance with
department and hospital procedures to provide support to clinical
and ancillary areas.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently
demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional,
ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth,
dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model
for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by
following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive
Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their
needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports
byenabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable
to the given job PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are
essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 25%
- Interacts with co-workers and customers in a supportive and
respectful manner. Encourages open communication to achieve
outstanding customer service. Communicates clearly and
professionally to promote both work efforts and problem resolution.
- Promotes a positive work environment and contributes to a
team-focused work unit that actively helps one another achieve
department goals. (EF)
- Provides contributions towards improvement of department scores
for turnover/retention/employee satisfaction on unit-based
scorecard, i.e. peer-to-peer accountability. (EF) SERVICE -
- Assesses, monitors and fills supply and equipment inventory
levels, or PARS, according to schedules and efficiently delivers
supplies and equipment needed on assigned units or departments.
- Physically receives stock requests and picks, stages and
delivers according to schedule and within established guidelines.
- Responds to and appropriately executes supply and equipment
requests, both urgent and routine, within established guidelines of
the department. (EF) QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
- Reviews and appropriately reports all supply and equipment
inventory levels to ensure inventory is managed and replenished
appropriately to prevent stock-outs or over-stock situations.
- Using documentation such as delivery manifest, pick ticket or
packing slip, inspects and audits supply and equipment deliveries
based on department standards and procedures (i.e. quantity, unit
of measure, correct label, physical condition, product expiration).
- Assists with identification and removal of non-conforming
products by rounding and inspecting supplies and equipment when
defects or recall notifications are received. (EF)
- Maintains, cleans and organizes clinical supply and equipment
areas. (EF) FINANCE - 15%
- Ensures all Supply Chain transactions (inventory, receipt,
etc.) are completed accurately within the appropriate tracking
systems and within the established guidelines of the department.
- Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies.
Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and
prioritize department daily tasks, minimizing incidental overtime.
- Utilizes efficient and cost-effective work practices with
department resources and supplies; provides recommendations to
reduce expenses. (EF) GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
- Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that
improve quality or services. (EF)
- Participates in special projects and department initiatives and
seeks opportunities to expand learning with a focus on continual
development. Completes and updates the individual development plan
(IDP) on an on-going basis. (EF) Thisjob description is not
intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other
reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston
Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and
responsibilities as the need arises.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include:
GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full
completion of post-secondary education, etc.) EXPERIENCE
- One year of experience preferred in Healthcare, Supply Chain or
Materials Management preferred CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND
- N/A KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely
perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills,
competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the
English language necessary to perform the essential functions of
this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or
employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians,
family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a
customer service focus and application of positive language
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and process
requirements for Sterile Supply
- Ability to complete work within designated time frames
- Demonstrates ability to access information both in the
department and within the hospital system to support the
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which
Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not
engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person
employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis
of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity,national origin, age, disability, status as a protected
veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans
Houston Methodist West Hospital is committed to leading medicine in
West Houston, Katy and surrounding communities by delivering the
Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality,
personalized service and innovation. The growing campus offers
nearly 200 beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1300 employees, with
access to the most innovative medical and surgical care available,
including robotic and minimally invasive surgery, full-spectrum
heart care, state-of-the-art imaging, cancer care, labor and
delivery with a level II neonatal ICU, neurology and neurosurgery,
orthopedics and sports medicine, outpatient rehabilitation and 24/7
At Houston Methodist, we take our responsibility as the region---s
premier health care system seriously.With a national reputation for
excellence in patient care, education and research, we hold
ourselves --- and the careers we build --- to a higher standard. We
invite you to find your place among the best of the best, and to
stand with us in earning the trust of millions of people across the
Houston Metro area every day.Houston Methodist is comprised of a
nationally recognized academic medical center and six community
hospitals with a history of health care innovation. For the tenth
straight year we have been named to FORTUNE---s list of ---100 Best
Companies to Work For--- and have also been ranked the no.1
hospital in Texas by U.S. News & World Report.Discover the
difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Baytown , Supply Chain Technician - (Part-Time), Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!